Friday, December 3, 2010

Upon Reflection, I've Realized That I'm Mean

To Ned.  To Dan.  To my kids.  To Jackie.  To NikiD. To Mama.  FML.  Worst part is, I don't know how to be nice, so I've done a little googling:  http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Nice.
This is the new me.  She was the nicest person I could find on google.
Doesn't seem too hard, really.  Just smile, say "hola", ask how are things?, little bit of this, little bit of that, next thing you know you're Kenny F*ckin Rogers. Haha just kidding. See- was that mean?  I just gave one of the nicest people in the world an expletive as a middle name.
This "nice" thing is crazy- I like it, but it's crazy.  I have a bad feeling that being nice is going to cut out about seventy percent of my conversations, comments, even personality.
What to do? I'm in stage two of my identity crisis.

UPDATE 10:00 pm.: It's been 2 hours since my terrible realization, and I am in hell. I'm mean? There are bumper stickers about people like me! Mean People SUCK. I can't believe I suck. Nor can I believe I'm mean. Nor can I believe I'm supposed to strive for holiness. Today is a big day.

UPDATE 1:00 pm: I think I might have already known that I am mean. Hence, the name of my blog. LMAO.

UPDATE 3:15 pm: I don't care that I'm mean anymore. I'm gonna embrace the real me. This blog is serving a purpose.

15 comments:

  1. ah, the day i have been waiting for all my life! ha, ha, just joking, but seriously, i went thru something similar when i met mike. didn't really know what i seemed like to others until he had the nerve to be honest and tell me. gotta admit, i was pretty pissed, thinking he wanted me to change who i was! pretty much told him that if he didn't like my personality then take it or leave it. but he didn't take it nor did he leave. he forced me to be a better version of myself. one of the main reason why i trust and love him so much. AND, i'm still a total work in progress, if you remember our talk in the park! i pretty much suck at life lately but what might seem to you as being 'nicer' is just really what we all need to do every day of our lives, a.k.a. grow in holiness and virtue.

    i know you are gonna rip me a new one for being so corny but hey, your not the only one that has to work on being 'nice' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikid, your responses are blogs in themselves.
    Roseanne, I think that if you stopped being mean I might not think that you were funny. Does this make me mean?
    dam gurl- u gt me tnkin. fml! D :< ttyl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have determined that i should stop commenting so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. no way nikid! i wait for your comments the way you wait for people's blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. joanne. i've seen the nice you. it was really surprising, and there is quite a lot of depth (I had never known you as nice, only crazy fun!). honestly i was dumbfounded, because it was constant, and you were really trying. then you kinda gave up on the constant part (don't blame ya) and got on with daily life. i still see it now and again through that thick skin you have! and know underneath there is a soft vulnerable Bug. (please don't take anything out on me for this post. remember i'm moving to buffalo and we can still be friends. and remember your mom puts "dear" in front of my name) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. might i add... you are REALLY good at being nice when you choose to be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. NikkiD will you please stop being so serious before I start dropping the Fbomb on you. What the F~<%

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes, the first step to being nice is eating whatever the hell you want. I've seen it time and time again.Skinny chicks are often mean because they are hungry as HELL, honey.It's hard to be nice when your stomach is eating itself.
    I believe that curvy chicks are waaaaaay nicer than skinny ones (usually). So grab a cherry coke and a ham sub, a plate of fries and gravy, and slap a damn smile on your face!!
    Ok. Seriously, I agree with lauren. I have seen your nice side, and it's beautifuL:) It might take alot of energy sometimes, but being kind is worthy of your efforts. Besides, your girls are watching...and so is Jesus. And so is His Mother. And so is the Holy Spirit. AND God the Father. And St Therese. And St Francis. St Joseph. Your Gaurdien Angel. Your mom. Mother Teresa of Calcutta. Joan of Arc. Perhaps a peeping neighbor. Damon.
    Dang! That's a whole lota eyeballs!!! You best behave:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The late Great JP2. St Hildegard of Bingen. St Martha. St Elizabeth Ann Seton. St Gianna Molla. They're aaaaaaaall watching.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mama, you are so funny and I think you might be on to something- I've noticed a strong correlation between my weight and my attitude towards people.
    It was a compliment Nikid- dam gurl litn up ttyl (I love talking like today's 16 year olds)

    ReplyDelete
  12. 'A soft, vulnerable Bug' LMAO!

    ReplyDelete